Saturday, March 8, 2014

Honor a Great American Poet... Fashionably!


           I love accessories—shoes, scarves, earrings. They perk up a boring outfit or make an old outfit new again. Until recently, I've never given a lot of thought to belts though. I usually wear a plain black or brown one with my jeans for work. They are unremarkable, but necessary parts of in my wardrobe like socks and underwear. Then, my sister-in-law Kim told me about her new business, Granite State Buckles. I fell in love with her products and ordered a “Londonderry” for myself.

Just in time for St. Patrick's Day!
           All of the designs from Granite State Buckles are inspired by the great state of New Hampshire. There is the Portsmouth:

The Hampton Beach

The Mount Washington
          And many more! You can see and purchase many whimsical designs on Granite State Buckles'website or Etsy shop. They're only $20 a piece or $35 with a belt in your choice of size and color. They are a bargain (or a bahgin, as we say here in New England).

           Kim has created a special line inspired by New Hampshire poet Robert Frost. We'll be giving away her latest creation, “Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening”. It comes with a black leather belt.
Not gonna lie, I'm going to have trouble shipping this off to someone else!

           Pretty cool, eh? You can enter once by leaving a comment below. You can enter twice by visiting Granite State Buckles' website or Etsy shop first, then come back here and tell me your favorite buckle style. Or leave a note on Granite State Buckles' Facebook page letting Kim know how much you like her designs and I'll enter you three times (maybe you could even "like" her page while you're there). I'll pull a name from my Red Sox cap on Robert Frost's birthday (March 26th) to determine the winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment