Saturday, September 24, 2011

Adam's Ad




This week's Write on Edge prompt was to write a personal ad for one of our characters. I loved doing this prompt. It was a great way to explore my character. I had to think about who he is and what he wants. I may do an ad for Michaela as well. 


Adam's Personal Ad



SWM mid-30’s seeks SF mid-30’s

Who am I? A small business owner who left the corporate world to work for myself doing something I love. I make a good living and I can lift heavy things and fix almost anything that breaks. I don’t believe in Valentine’s Day. If I care about you, you’ll know it every day, not just on February 14th. I tell the truth and I don’t play games. I watch the Patriots, the Bruins and the Celtics, but I don’t mind missing a game occasionally if there is something else to do. I support the Red Sox because I believe in rooting for the home team, but baseball bores me to death. Yes, I’ve been hurt before. I figure if you make it past 30 without picking up a little baggage, you’ve been living under a rock.

Who are you? Blond, brunette, or red head it doesn’t really matter. I look at the way a woman carries herself. There is nothing sexier than a woman who looks like she doesn’t care if anyone is looking at her. If you spent a couple of hours getting ready for our first date, you’ve wasted your time. I bet you were prettier before you blew the curls out of your hair and put that stuff on your face. If you’re tired of guys who check their Blackberries during dinner, don’t give up their seats for pregnant ladies on the train, cancel dates at the last minute, or are afraid to get their hands dirty give me a call.


You can read more of Adam's story here: http://39forthefirsttime.blogspot.com/p/story-of-michaela.html

5 comments:

  1. I like this guy. Except for the baseball part. I LOVE baseball. ;) He sounds like he's mature and not interested in BS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool guy :) Except I like spending lots of time getting ready for dates. Or I did, even with my husband, before the kids would try to get into my make-up LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to hate it when guys took a business call during dates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, I just can't stand most teams from boston, but aside from that it was most enjoyable.

    This line really hit home>

    Yes, I’ve been hurt before. I figure if you make it past 30 without picking up a little baggage, you’ve been living under a rock.

    ReplyDelete