Friday, March 22, 2013

100 Word Song: Galileo

This story picks up where I left off here.
  
                   “How long 'til my soul gets it right,” Danny prayed.
                   He had fought to serve as deacon in his hometown against the warnings of his advisors. With so many factories closing, things were getting worse. He wanted to minster to the people he understood best―hard workers who knew how to take a punch.
                   Karen was still here, like a wild flower growing out of a crack in a rock. Danny always thought someone would pluck her out of Brockton and bring her someplace filled with light.
                   “Now I'm serving time for mistakes made by another in another lifetime.”

                  
My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog
It's been ages since I've linked up with 100 Word Song over at My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog. This week's inspiration is one of my all-time favorite songs, Galileo by The Indigo Girls. It was nearly 100 words of memoir this week. But 100 words couldn't do justice to the story of my roommates and I serenading a hockey team in a Montreal elevator in the '90's. Three part harmony and the confidence of youth need much more than 100 words―another time perhaps.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the deacon. Like seriously, what a fantastic addition to the cast, and this is a tightly packed powder keg of a post. Plus also Indigo Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your take on the prompt. I'm new to the story, as I'm fairly new to 100 word song. Nice to "meet" you!
    I'd like to invite you to check out my I Don't Like Mondays Blog Hop. It's open now and all week. You can link
    any post you'd like and as many as you'd like. There's a nice community of great writers joining in and we'd love
    to have your company!

    ReplyDelete