Monday, November 26, 2012

Where's Vic?


        It's been a while since I've posted anything. Post ideas have flitted in and out of my head: posts about gratitude, posts about my distain for Black Friday, posts about wanting to give Thanksgiving its due before we steamroller it with the Christmas machine. Alas, I haven't worked up the motivation to write. I'd love to tell you that I've just been too wrapped up with writing or editing a novel to write. Alas, there has been very little writing that has made the journey from my brain to my finger tips lately. So if you're still out there and reading this post. Thanks for sticking with me.
        I woke up this morning and wrote in my journal. It was little more than a detailed “to do” list. But it had been a while since I did that. It felt good to be writing again. My life is only going to get busier in the weeks ahead. I've begun a new chapter in my creative life. Last week I had auditions for a new play. The turn out was beyond my expectations. I can't wait to start rehearsing this fantastic cast.
        But I really don't want to stop writing. I love the connections I've made with this blog. Two years ago I had never shared a piece of my fiction with anyone. Because of the this blog I began showing that side of myself to the world. The response was so encouraging and I have not intention of letting that slip away. So watch this space. I've slowed down in the blogging world. But I have no plans to stop.

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! I've struggled to keep up with my blog as well between the holidays, my son and going back to work. I'm glad to hear you're going to keep at it, though. I love reading what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im very excited for your newest community theatre effort. i guess that makes waiting for the latest blog posts even more worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for a Liebster award!

    http://mythoughtsonthesubjectareasfollows.wordpress.com/2012/12/02/thanks-for-the-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete