Friday, January 11, 2013

Places Everyone

 
The actors are cast

Movements blocked

Lines memorized

A thousand details to be forgotten (or not).

Flats to paint

Nerves to soothe

Take-out dinners and too much coffee

Three week until opening night


 
            I’m linking up with the Trifextra prompt. We were asked to write 33 words about a new beginning. I’m in the midst of directing a play that opens three weeks from tonight. One of the best things about being involved in theatre is that many of our new beginnings start with a round of applause. One of the worst is how little time I have left for writing!

11 comments:

  1. I just got a shiver of not-quite-forgotten pre-show thrills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. break. a. leg.

    awesome...I almost broke into song...not really

    congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Cam - a familiar feeling, that mounting pre-show excitement. Great job conveying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, felt butterflies as I read this (one reason I'll never be on stage :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah,it must be nerve wracking now but am sure it will be a wonderful new beginning:-)Wish your play has a successful opening & a successful run.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to feel this way when I was in marching/concert band, which was sort of like theater in a way when it came to calvacades and concerts lol Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel this way every time I sit down to put pen to paper. Good luck - break a leg.
    dk

    ReplyDelete
  8. The show must go on! I'll bet it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will be wonderful. Break a leg

    ReplyDelete