Thursday, August 25, 2011

Write on Edge: Turn Around



This week's VERY short Friday fiction is brought to you by Write on Edge (formerly known as The Red Dress Club). The assignment? Let’s lighten it up around here. And when I say lighten, I mean REALLY lighten. This week’s assignment will require the fewest number of words ever: we want you to write a story – your choice of topic – as a tweet. That’s right. One hundred and forty characters. Not words. Characters. Make us laugh. Make us think. Make us want more. Mostly, have FUN with this. You’ve earned it. Come back Friday and link up.




Turn Around
(a story in 140 characters)

I saw him from a distance & called out. He didn’t hear me so I ran calling, “David!”  I reached him and blushed as he turned. It wasn’t him.


22 comments:

  1. Oh, oops!!!

    This is such a fun prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! This would be a great start to a longer story, but I love how it works all on its own, too!

    #trdc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... that's too bad :) I was almost wishing that it's 'David' along with her!

    Visiting your blog for the first time via Write on Edge...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hate that. And I want to hear more about this David.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gah! the anticipation and letdown in so few characters. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this, is wonderful....the first story in a lot of stories for this couple..I think. ;)

    GREAT Job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I have SO done this before...it's quite embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! That's just perfect!

    And sadly, so something that I would do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, that would be an interesting moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! And yes, this is something I've done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. um, been there done that. except it involved a kiss on the cheek. *blushing* thank goodness it was in elementary school... it still embarrasses me though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd like to say I've never done that before but then I'd be lying.

    PS--I'm glad your son did so well with surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, no! I'm embarrassed just reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oops! Ha! I loved how I was all on the edge of my seat, and then it was awkward city all of the sudden. Great response!

    ReplyDelete
  15. And this is why I never chase people down. Ever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. DOH! I hate it when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rats! And I really wanted it to be him too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw, how annoying is that? So why wasn't David where he needed to be?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oops! Ha. This was funny, because who hasn't done this?

    ReplyDelete