Thursday, January 26, 2012

Shakespearean Anxiety Dream


            

Lance, over at My Blog Can Beat up Your Blog has launched a new writing prompt—100 words, based on a song. This week’s song was “Take me to the Pilot” by Elton John.







         “Veronica, you must trust me,” he said crushing out his cigarette. “I know you’ve directed but now I’m the director and you must give up control.”
            “Frederik,” she said. “I realize great theatre means taking risks, but this seems somewhat…”
            “Daring?”
            “Yes, but...”
            “But you’re worried? Darling think of me as the pilot of this production. Together you and I will soar towards greatness.”
            “Please understand my reservations. I’ve wanted to play Lady MacBeth my whole life and now I have the chance.”
            “And?”
            “And I don’t think the audience will understand why Lady MacBeth is dressed as a ninja.”




6 comments:

  1. Talk about left field awesome...

    This is really good. I like the sas and humor. Thanks for participating, Vic.

    Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Nice. Any time you can work a ninja into a story, I say go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really can write, even in a few lines. Very funny, MP style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, that's a good one. :) LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! Love it. The dialogue here is brilliant. I want to see this play.

    Oh, and Sassy Gay Friend is MY HERO. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny, nice punch line. :)

    ReplyDelete