Sunday, May 20, 2012

100 Word Song: Revolution

My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog



            Today I’m adding my one hundred words to the fun over at My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog. This week’s inspiration was provided by the classic Beatles song “Revolution”. This story picks up where I last left off with Karen. If you missed it, check it out here.





Revolution

            “Thank you again Henry.”
            “Please stop Karen,” he whispered as he brushed the damp curls out of her eyes. “I would do anything for you.”
            She leaned her head on his chest.
            “I need you to do something for me though,” he said.
            She pulled away, suddenly wary.
            “Get dressed,” he said. “It isn’t easy to be a gentleman with only a thin cotton bathrobe separating us.”
            Sister Mary Michael’s lectures about virtue and her mother’s dire warnings about men thundered in her ears. Without looking away from Henry, Karen stepped back and let her robe fall to the floor.

4 comments:

  1. Oh snap, Karen! really? Look at one showing some confidence and sass!

    The first line - is there supposed to be a comma after enough? Or is it supposed to be "I Can't thank enough Henry"....reads weird...

    anyway, you know I'm a Karen fanboi. I like her action here. Not because its sexy but because its assertive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, there was an accidental enough in there! Took it out and added an adjective elsewhere to keep it at 100 words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely played - loved the way she removed the problem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What would Sister Mary Michael say? She certainly met her dilemma head on.

    ReplyDelete