Tuesday, May 15, 2012

100 Word Song: The Space Between

My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog
 
            I’m linking up with the 100 Word Song Prompt over at My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog today. Our muse for this week was Tracey Chapman with her song Telling Stories. This picks up where I left off after the story "City of Champions". You can find that, and more of Karen's history here.


The Space Between
            “Well that didn’t go too badly,” Henry said.
            “Your mother was in tears before they served dessert. How can you say that didn’t go badly?” Karen asked.
            “She wasn’t crying over anything you or I did. So, I’d have to say it was a success.”
            “Do you know why she was so upset?”
            “She just gets emotional sometimes. Dad says we should just let her be.”
            “So your mother cries at dinner and you pretend it isn’t happening?”
            “Karen, it was a nice dinner. Don’t spoil it.”
            “Henry, I don’t think you and I were at the same dinner tonight.”

2 comments:

  1. “She wasn’t crying over anything you or I did. So, I’d have to say it was a success.”

    I swear if you rearrange some pronouns I have used that exact line before with my in-family. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured out why i like Henry. we have the same mom/family.

    Karen's so in tune with other's people's crap but desensitized to hers. That's special writing, Vic. I swear, I just adore Karen. what a great character.

    ReplyDelete