Tuesday, October 9, 2012

100 Word Song: Lying

My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog




            I’m linking up this week with 100 Word Song. This week’s inspirational tune was “Chasing Cars” by Snow Patrol. I’m picking up with the story of Henry and Karen. You can check out their previous moment here and the rest of their story here.



Lying
            Henry stared at the ceiling, knowing  this mistake would haunt him forever. This internship was a bribe from his father. It was too good to pass up. Now loneliness was the price of this privilege.
            “Maybe we dodged a bullet,” he told her. “Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise.”
            He tried not to see her touching her now empty abdomen. She was so good at being strong, but her hope had bled away.
            He’d be back from Chicago, he had said. But it wasn’t the truth. Tears streamed down his face as he dreamed of babies with her violet eyes.



4 comments:

  1. heart ache and pain for them both...and neither seem willing to speak the truth to each other or to give in to what they REALLY want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The emotion here is so strong. It made sigh sadly.

    Nice first time 100 words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad, but I'm glad I read it nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad, but I'm glad I read it nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete