Sunday, February 24, 2013

Trifextra: Panic Hidden



            He left the rifle and his umbrage and found his parked car. The mother’s gentle traits had slowed his clanking mind. Relief wrapped him like a blanket. The urgent needles of panic hidden.

            I’m linking up with the Trifextra Challenge. We were shown page 33 of Elizabeth Strout's Olive Kitteridge and were asked to take thirty-three words to create something. I thought it would be fun to follow the mysterious man on the train from this week’s piece Exhausting Kindness


3 comments:

  1. lol Trading rifle and umbrage for a parked car! Love the clanking mind, too. Nice piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it...but then again, I like most of what you write.
    I really like the word umbrage and you used it so well here.

    I have some reading to do over here..I'll be hanging out for a while, okay?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really good. A great story from the prompt.

    ReplyDelete