Sunday, April 8, 2012

100 Word Song: Run Away

            Karen watched the full moon rise in the violet sky.    
“That explains it,” she whispered.
            “Explains what?” Henry asked, startling her from her thoughts.
            “Just a bad day all around,” She said. “I was clumsy, the customers were nasty, and my feel hurt.”
            “Run away with me,” he said with a grin.
            “You have mid-terms.”
            “Don’t remind me. Let’s find a quiet beach somewhere and drink cocktails out of coconut shells. I want to see the sun warming your shoulders and the salt air making your hair curl around your face.”
            Karen closed her eyes. She could smell the ocean.


My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog



            I’m linking up with Lance’s 100 Word Song meme over at My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog. This week’s musical inspiration is Jefferson Starship’s “Runaway”. If you liked reading about Karen and Henry, you can find more here.

2 comments:

  1. Karen makes cynicism interesting and rich. This is supposed to be romantic and yet it's deep and emotionally exhausting, in a good way.

    What a great character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* this moment that you captured! I've had those days. I'm glad Karen has Henry to help bring her some respite, even if it's just an imaginary escape! :-)

    ReplyDelete