Monday, September 3, 2012

100 Word Song: Twilight

My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog


             I’m linking up with the fabulous 100 Word Song meme over at My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog. The source of this week’s inspiration is “Monkey Wash, Donkey Rinse” by Warren Zevon. Charlotte is a character who has been on my mind for some time now and I’m just now beginning to put her story on paper. You’ll be hearing more from her future posts.



Twilight
            Charlotte’s hand was still on the doorknob when she heard a crash. Through the window she saw the remains of a slate blue Honda Civic crumpled against a telephone pole. She slid awkwardly across the icy sidewalk and wrenched open the car door.
            “The sun was in my eyes,” the girl whispered. “I couldn’t see.”
“You’re going to be okay,” Charlotte insisted. “I can hear sirens. Help is on the way.”
            “That’s nice of you to say,” as the lids drooped over her green eyes. “I can’t feel anything. We both know I’m heading for a hole in the ground.” 

1 comment: